4/17/2012

Breakfast Idea

So I am a regular oatmeal eater for breakfast, but recently I found out that cooked short grain organic brown rice, and quinoa work great served in the morning. Here is how I prepare mine.

You can prepare rice in a rice cooker the night before or the morning you plan to eat it. I highly recommend short grain brown rice for its fluffy nature. I serve my hot rice with either almond or soymilk, chopped berries such as strawberries, blueberries and raspberries, a squeeze of agave (see my January 30th post to learn about agave) and a pinch of cinnamon. You can also substitute quinoa or even millet for brown rice.

I have learned that rice is a great diaretic food. It is one of the most easy to digest foods. Rice is very cleansing and nurishing to the body, when eaten as a whole grain. I hope you all incorporate this humble grain into your breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)