4/17/2012

Stay Away From Hydrogenated Oils

We have a lot of peanut butter floating around our parts. The other day, hubby nearly almost ate a big spoonful of skippy peanut butter. I looked at the bottle's ingrediants and nearly gasped. What do you think I saw, my friends?? If you are not familiar with the two words I am about to type here, educate yourself now!
HYDROGENATED OILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Along with the cheap, made for profit, high fructose corn syrup, this oil is bad. Yes, it is very bad, and it's most likely found in your peanut butter, unless you made it from scratch or purchased it at a healthfood store. Husband had the spoon of PB two inches away when I stopped him. Of course this led to a fight, but as I showed him an all natural peanut butter that was made from organic peanuts and contained two ingrediants only, peanuts and honey, he immediately began to calm himself, especially after he ate a spoonful of this wholesome stuff instead. :) Oh, what would dear husband do without me!!!
So, look for this oil which is found in many items including even packaged granola bars and some cereals. This oil is an additive just like msg is.When you eliminate all processed and pre-prepared foods, you don't need to worry about these preservatives and additives. That is why I encourage you to do the whole foods diet, to eliminate any exposure to these chemicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)