10/22/2015

Cooler Weather & Oatmeal Fruit Bars (Cookies)

Sunny loves cookies. Just the mention of a cookie will get her running to her high chair, in which she gets in herself and buckles her own self in.
 Someone told me she reminds them of "Michelle" from Full House. Definately the hair style.
 I try to sneak in healthier ingredients when making cookies. This means reducing or substituting sugar for, adding more fiber such as flaxseed, Chia seed or crushed nuts.
 she made that bat and monster at her daycare "art class." She takes it everywhere.
These oatmeal bars have a cherry jam embedded between two layers of oatmeal crust. I get my jam at our local Red Barn and am sold on the cherry. Sunny ate these for breakfast and I didn't feel bad.
 She has grown. Getting out her warmer clothes, I see a big difference from last fall.
                  she loves her backpack.
 They are relatively healthy and she thought she was eating a cookie.  ;)
 Ingredients:
1 c. Oatmeal
1. C Flour
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Baking soda
1/4 c. Brown sugar
1/2 c. Butter softened
3/4 c. Jam of choice
Mix in 1 T. Flaxseed and/or Chi a seeds/nuts for more texture.
Preheat oven to 350. Mix all dry ingredients in bowl, add butter last and mix thoroughly.  Grease pan 9 x 13 inch rectangle pan. Layer half of mixture in pan and flatten down. Spread jam and then crumble down rest of mixture on top. Bake for 30-35 minutes.  Cool and serve.





source.
Smittenkitchen.com
Kellishouse.blogspot. com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)