10/19/2015

Where's Sunny? (And A Tigger Update)

Today started out great.  I walked for over an hour today then got home and went to yoga with Sunny. I dropped her off at daycare at the gym. I admit I was scared to leave her there when I first started going to gym there, but over time, I got to know the fun ladies there and had trust.
Except today, I went to pick up Sunny as usual. There were only a few kids inside and they seemed confused as to why i was there. Sunny was not there. I started to panic inside. One of the ladies started panicking too. She was checking in the bathroom, etc. Another lady said, "check outside." I opened the gate and followed her outside. Sunny was outside alone and they didn't know it.
 As I left, both daycare attendees looked ashamed, and said preschool kids were out there. They somehow forgot about Sunny and left her out alone.  How long she was out there, unsure?? They didn't know what to say to me.

I didn't say anything. I was just disappointed. I know it was an accident on their part. I am not angry, but my trust has decreased as a result. Just look at that little face.
My poor mom had her share of worries. I was the kid who always wondered off. As a kid,  I was picked up by the police more then once. I am preparing myself. Parenting is worry. But I will prepare myself in faith, not fear.

I am reading articles on parenting. One thing I read that stood out was this:

Happy and healthy mom's make a better parent.

So true. That is why I strive to go to gym, to have "me" time once in awhile,  to eat right. I need this to help me be patient and successfully parent. Since Sunny was born, i have sang alot more. More then half our days at home are listening to music or singing. Singing is happiness.  Sunny needs this and so do I.

Also, I think sunny is officially potty trained. Maybe. I cant get my hopes up. She has gone peep in the potty a few times and gets the concept. I have seen success with singing songs associated with training her.  We will sing the "stinky song" for when she needs number 2, and she loves it. It's a song i made up, but it works.
Hallelujah.

Anyway, we had a mega thunderstorm last night. I loved it. Sunny and Rodney loved it too. Tigger probably didn't care for it. He is still re-cooperating from his accident.

Last Thursday,  he was hit by a car and has broken spine.  He is an indoor cat, but lately he has been asking to be outside. He was unlucky that day. We rushed him to emergency and he had xrays. The vet said he has a 20 percent chance of recovery.  Not good, but I didnt want him to be put down. I am a firm beleiver in giving anyone/anything a chance. He is on steroids and antibiotics for 6 weeks. He has no nerve function now and doesn't have control of his bladder. He is in a cage for now. He goes outside for sun and is held throughout day. Poor thing. Updates to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)