10/21/2015

Moments To Ponder

Tigger died peacefully around 4:30 pm yesterday. We knew it was coming, but in the back of my mind I was hoping for some small miracle. He hadn't pooped in four days and Rodney suggested I run to to the store to get him something to help. I picked him up an enema and we tried giving him one to see if he would go. He was outside basking in the sun and looked so bloated.  After the enema, we went inside and went about our day. When we went out to check on him later that day, he had already gone.

We buried him in our backyard wrapped in a pillow case.  We both cried.  Never did we imagine it would come to this.  We never saw him hit by a car, but it's the only possible explanation of what caused his internal injuries. He will be forever loved and never forgotten.

I decided to make some changes in my life. I have been so wrapped up in a strict routine. I hadn't taken Sunny to our local library for the longest time. I don't think I have read her a single book in awhile.  It was time to get back on track.

Our local library has storytime everyday of the week.  I usually take her on Tuesday, but I love going on Friday a bit better, because the new storytime lady is amazing with kids.

After storytime, they do a little art project. Sunny has hyper-activity and doesn't sit during storytime. She runs around and causes distraction most of the time. She loves singing and dancing, but not sitting. This particular day was packed. I had never seen it so crowded before.

After her art project, we checked out several books. She is taking more interest in books now. I decided to check out a few dvd's. There dvd collection is great. I saw one of my favorite movies. It's called Waitress.  I have seen this movie so many times, but I could watch it over and over.  This movie touches me so deeply. The last time I watched this movie, I had no children. Watching this movie after having Sunny, had given me a whole different perspective.

This movie is about a woman (Kerri Russell) who plays a waitress. She creates a new pie everyday. Every pie she bakes has an emotion she is feeling associated with it. She finds out she is pregnant with her first child and is very upset about it. She doesn't want the baby, and ends up falling in love with her own ob/gyn doctor.  This is the best movie and I was thrilled to find it at the library of all places.

This scene is at the end of the movie, I never cried when I watched this scene before, but after becoming a mother, this scene just brought me to tears.


This is the most beautifully written movie. It goes to show how beautiful motherhood is.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)