10/20/2015

Tigger's Final Hours

Since last Thursday, our family pet's life has changed. One day, he was this 6 month old kitten, full of life, running, chasing butterflies, and climbing trees.

Then, over night, everything changed. That is how precious life is. This experience brought me to that realization. You can't take life or the ones you love for granted.

I wish I could go back to Wednesday night.  I remember I glanced over at Tigger, sitting on the recliner chair next to me.  He should of been on my lap, I should of been snuggling or petting him, but I wasn't.  If only I could of expressed how much I loved him that night. He would of never been put outside that morning. He loved daily increments of going outside. My heart aches, the guilt is consuming me, I should of protected him better, supervised him outside, etc....but I can't change the past. I pictured Tigger as our family pet for years to come. 

We can't heal if we do the could've,  should've, would've replays in our minds. All we can do, is give him all the love we can in his final hours.

Three days ago, I rejected the idea of putting him down. I thought he would get better, but his injuries are worse then I thought.  His internal bleeding has gotten so bad, that this morning he turned white and his body was hard and stiff. I had high hopes.

Saying goodbye is never easy. Trying to help Sunny understand and watching her act out her emotions is hard. Her hyperactivity is at an all time high.

We love you, Tigger. Even though you are still here, everything tells me you are so close to the end. We did what we could to save you, but sometimes all the meds and treatments are not enough. Everything is in God's hands. He's in charge. I know we'll see Tigger again as we will the other pets we've lost throughout our lives.  Until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)