10/27/2015

Mango Pecan Salad

Back when I had a paying job, I loved splurging on shrimp. I would eat it as much as I could.

I am now a stay at home mama. Things are different. Sacrifices must be made. I rarely buy shrimp.  We are on a strict budget, especially since we are paying for two house mortgages at the moment. Shrimp is just not in the budget.

Recently, I got a great deal on some and couldn't pass it up. I decided I needed to make a delicious,  nutritious meal.
We generally have pecans around the house since Sunny loves nuts. I decided to toss them in.  They work perfectly.

Last year I made this same salad, but added avocado in lieu of mango.  This time, no avocado.
                         Isn't it gorgeous?

Mango's are darn expensive at the moment,  so I got the diced Mango cups, found in the apple sause section. Having already diced Mango,  makes this recipe very quick to assemble.

You could omit the diced cherry tomatoes if you prefer, but I had some I needed to use up.

I love bright colorful things. They make me happy! So, I knew this salad would photograph well.
While this isn't practical for me to eat all the time, I love how healthy and filling it is.

Treat yourself to this. I think we all deserve it once in awhile.

Ingredients:

1 pound cooked, peeled baby shrimp
1 1/2 c. Chopped cucumber
1-2 mango cups
1 tsp. Diced jalapeno pepper
1/ 4 c. Fresh chopped cilantro leaves
1/4 c. Chopped baked pecans
1 tsp. Lime juice
1/4 tsp. Salt
Pinch of pepper
Optional:
1/4 c. Chopped cherry tomatoes
 Mix in bowl. Top with more cilantro if prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)