10/25/2015

Soft Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies

It's that time of year!  Pumpkin, apples, cinnamon galore.
When we bake these cookies, we add a little something extra to set them apart. 
These are super moist,  full of spice,  and hints of dark chocolate. 
Last week, we failed at making these. Something went wrong. We tried again this week, and perfected. This makes a lot of cookies. Too much.  I need to give some away.

 I am dressing Sunny more preppy and somewhat western. I am on the hunt for reasonably priced cowgirl boots. She is very tall and lean like me and has outgrown clothes from last fall. She loves new clothes. I wonder if she will be a clothes horse one day like her grandma.
After church, we went for a little walk while dad baked bread. We bake two loaves of bread every weekend to supply us for the week. I love the way our home smells from it. 

I have over 76 pounds of cat food. Remember when I bought 4 gigantic bags for . 4 cents at Petsmart.  It's very good cat food, all natural and grain free. I knew I needed to make some calls. I called my mom's neighbor. They gladly took 1 bag plus 1/2 of bag. I gave one bag to my next door neighbors. I still have one large bag to whomever wants it. Placing this food into others hands was bitter sweet. A reminder that Tigger is really gone, but that other cats can be nourished by it.
Cookies are great n all, but is there anything more sweet then a child? I think not.


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Preheat to 350

What you'll do:
In a medium bowl cream together 
3/4 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Brown sugar
1/2 c butter softened
1 tsp. Vanilla
Add:
1 egg
1 15 oz can of pumpkin
1/2 c. Canola oil
Blend with mixer

In another medium bowl add:
2 1/2 c. Unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. Baking powder
1 T. Pumpkin Pie Spice
A pinch of cloves,  nutmeg,  cinnamon,  and ginger.

Mix and add to wet ingredients.  Add 1 to 2 c. Chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded spoonfuls on greased, silicon,  or parchment paper.

Bake for 10- 14 min.
Recipe source: adapted from Melskitchencafe. Com







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please send me any words of advice, clarification, feedback or just say "hello." I love hearing from you.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)