12/10/2016

Turkey or Chicken Soup & Fun At The Park

We visited a fun park for the first time today.  Sunny even got to ride a train there. How fun. Fresh air was great for Olivia too.








Rodney wasn't able to join us because he went up with the elders in our ward to chop wood. We purchased a huge bundle from a guy so it's great to get more. We are burning wood daily now and it goes fast, but we love our new fireplace and the cozy, serene environment it creates.
Olivia slept the entire time at park. She is so precious. She is starting to smile now.
So after Thawnksgiving,  we had a lot of leftover turkey. I used it all up in several batches of this soup.  It is so good that I have made it with shredded chicken too.

It is my new favorite soup. I am making tons of soups lately. Split pea and beef and barley are next. Sitting at my table with a hot bowl of soup is my favorite.  Now if only a certain picky eater I know would try some. Wishful thinking.

I got my new table and it is so much better. The white is so crisp and refreshing in my kitchen. The last table I got didn't look good. This one just flows well  and I am really into white everything lately.

Turkey Or Chicken Soup

2 c. chopped or shredded turkey/chicken
2 T. butter or more
1 1/2 c. chopped carrots
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 c. chopped celery
1 c. chopped mushrooms
1/4 c. corn
3 c. chicken stock
1 c. milk
1 tsp.onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder or less
Salt and pepper to taste

Sautee all veggies, excluding mushrooms and cooked corn, in butter. Once veggies are tender, add mushrooms and corn and saute a few more minutes.

Add meat and broth and seasonings.

Simmer about 10 minutes.

Add milk and stir.  Serve with favorite crusty bread. Top with sour cream for added richness.

Enjoy!

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)