2/06/2017

Day 3 Weening Update

I decided to record how this is going.  Adelaide is not liking it. She is so mad and when she cries to be fed, she doesn't just cry, she screams in pure mad.

I initially was going to ease the nursing out, but it's only making her mad and confused. I think I might need to go cold turkey.  That means tonight I will not nurse, and I will not nurse in the middle of the night either.  I am already dreading this. It's going to be a long night with lots of crying and frustration. I have to do this. I can't give up. This will not turn into what it did with Sunny. I am determined to do this even though it's harder then I thought.

Adelaide is not taking a bottle. She cries and then screams mad for about 20 minutes before she surrenders. Here is a picture when she finally calmed down.  Poor baby. I love her so much.  Why does this have to be so difficult.

 There is A LOT of crying and screaming in our house right now. Sunny has been plugging her ears or hiding out in her room. I can't blame her. I might need some ear plugs too.

Is it better that I do this now while she is only 4 months vs when she is over a year? Yes!  I think she is still at the age where she is submissive enough that I can take hold of the situation better.

With Sunny, I had her climbing out of her crib at 12 months and screaming, following me, and refusing to go back to bed. Much harder at that age.

                   

I will write back with more updates.  Part of me does sort of wish to escape right now on vacation while someone else weens her.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)