2/08/2017

Day 5 Weening

Things are going so well. Better then I imagined.  Adelaide is now accepting her bottle full time. I am pumping only when I am in pain and need release. She loves the combination of breastmilk with formula. Breastmilk is naturally very sweet (yes, I finally tried it) and does add sweetness to her otherwise dull flavored formula. I don't plan to pump much longer as I can tell I am slowly closing the shops, but in the meantime, I will do what feels right.

Colic

It's gone. Ever since I started weening her, she instantly became more content. Was she finally full? It's hard to say. When you breastfeed, you have no way of knowing how much baby is getting. I thought she was getting enough.....

She is taking long naps, up to 3 hours. This never happened when I was breastfeeding.

She seems happier.

All in all, it's a win win for us both. I am feeling better,  less anxious, and overall I am so glad I endured and didn't surrender the first two days that weening was the hardest.

So glad I have my happy, easy going baby back.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)