2/10/2017

Valentine's Fun

Sunny has been so into Valentine's this year, so naturally so are we.

Yesterday Sunny reminded me that we had to make and decorate cookies for her friends. Part of me was excited with her, and the other part was scared to death of having cookies around here. I might just eat too many.

Sunny LOVES Target and hates Walmart.  I have no idea why, as she can't explain why, so we headed to Target, again. We bought frosting from a jar, candy hearts, a mailbox for her cards.
Everytime Sunny saw another person in the store, she would tell them she was making cookies for "Balantines" and would then ask any kid sg e saw what their name was after introducing herself to them. I love and hate that people stop what they are doing to talk to her, but also know how annoying it can be for some in a hurry.

Sunny is so fun to hang out with and I love taking her along for one on one time together.

Today after gym, we made the cookies. I ate two and feel kind of sugar overload, but watching Sunny have so much fun rolling and cutting out hearts was worth it.

Sunny has a crush on two boys in our ward and can't wait for them to see her gift.










     Almond extract makes them soooo good.

Rodney and I always celebrate on the weekend because it's so crowded Valentine's evening, so we are doing a lunch date tomorrow afternoon and then a nice dinner Sunday. I was thinking of maybe doing a tradition of having a candlelit dinner.

Tasty!

Tasty!
Mango Salsa (see January archive on right for recipe)